In the days 18 to 20 April 2016 organized by the Czech Helsinki Committee first educational seminar entitled “Looking for the key to the rights of children” by participating in a two-year international project “Unlocking Children’s Rights”, which CHC involved.
Czech Helsinki Committee rejects the behavior of our safety authorities during the visit of Chinese President to protect citizens of a foreign non-democratic state instead of its own citizens, who behave according to the laws of our country. We believe that it is fundamentally necessary to investigate who and on what basis he gave such an order the Police. Otherwise, our country begins in chaos and begin to engage in the practices of authoritarian regimes.
Bureau members of CHC
We are surprised and impressed statement unnamed officials in charge of Prague 1 to this scandalous matter. It is further evidence of decomposition of democratic society, which through his elected representatives not only did not reject the undemocratic and violent manifestations, but downplays it in a kind of legal positivism, which indemnifies.
Clear and undisguised threats against opponents and people of different opinion shall not even a misdemeanor, because that according to them, can only occur if someone has the item, which can be second to hurt or had said the behavior of the participants suggested that the subject should serve to violence or threat violence. Gallows apparently by these people serve as a toy or object of amusement. On this demonstration certainly sounded several speeches, which were directed against migrants and their defenders. The link is clear.
Violence always precede strong words that nobody reacts. Violence always comes as indifference, silence and downplaying its manifestations. Answer should those who issued such a decision, because they allow in our land acquisition by force and power, those who democracy and its resources despise.
Already just the icing on the cake is the message that the Ministry of Interior, the decomposition of Prague 1 has been since October, but some clerk is reportedly somewhere founded. It is documented disinterest ministry despite Chovanec Minister asked to investigate this attitude Prague 1st
We call for an investigation of the process of Prague 1 and the rigorous condemnation of such manifestations of fascism.
Bureau members of CHC
A team of staff and volunteers, including the director of the Czech Helsinki Committee Lucie RYBOVÁ yesterday came with a children placed temporarily in foster care in Svetla nad Sazavou to ensure personal contact with the mothers of children who are now in prison. Wishful and joyous reunion after months of separation was attended by a total of 13 children and five mothers. The youngest child was last September two years old, the oldest 16 years old.
Visits to children participated in the escort personnel (educators) of these five facilities: the Children’s Center Cologne, Children’s Home Hrotovice, creche Budkov, Kangaroo FOD in Zatec and creche Boskovice. For cooperation, helpfulness and support to children and mothers from all accompanying personnel and the management of these facilities warmly on behalf of children and mothers, thank you.
During the meeting, in addition to lunch with the children, mothers and staff held consultations with three other women who also need to provide personal contact with the children.
Participants of the meeting was passed among other major positive news, and that thanks to the financial support of the MLSA project “Children of incarcerated parents” from which it is paid transporting children from their homes into prisons, visits children in existing and new rolling basis until the end of the year interval of 1.5 months. Other assisted visit is tentatively scheduled for the first half of May.
After the visit she met with the director of CHC prison director Mgr. Long to come together to discuss not only the present but also the future of this project. They agreed on, the area of NGO activities and similar projects aimed at restoring and maintaining family links between children and convicts need to intensively develop and systematically solve and support, as proven not only contribute to the fulfillment of the rights of the child to have contact with a parent, but also rehabilitation and to reduce recidivism.
As one of the major barriers that CHC sees the realization AN limit is a maximum of three hours per month for convicted contact with the family. In the case of realization of AN and the convicted person in a given month to choose between visiting the child and other people visiting relatives.
Another problem that is light but successfully solved gradually, it is not always on the child and family needs the mode and amenities visiting rooms in prisons. Often this situation leads to the fact that prison visits prevents particularly the smaller children per parent.
Also, because on April 7, 2016 CHC arranges for support staff from Usti Region first Educational Seminar, this year for social workers and staff of the care of children whose active support for the successful development of the project is necessary.
For more information about the project and about the possible involvement in assisted visits provide Mg. Lucie Rybová: tel .: 602 646 940, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
More awareness about other planned activities in this project can be found at: http://www.helcom.cz/cs/co-delame/dalsi-aktivity/vzdelavani/
In the Wednesday, March 9, 2016 from 10:00 at the Braun house (Karlovo náměstí 671/24, Prague 1) The press conference was held on the topic of social housing. In this context, it would already this March should go nascent law on social housing in the interdepartmental management decided Alternative 50+ together with other organizations, which together with us in the autumn of last year addressed an open letter of invitation to the enactment of the social housing the Czech government to recall some population groups affected by the social housing concerns and discuss potential weaknesses and threats that threaten the adoption of the law itself, or which could have prepared law rid functionality. At the press conference was commemorated among other things, the issue of the lack of affordable housing for seniors and the elderly, women at risk of domestic violence or as children leaving institutional care.
“We fear that the law will become part of the election campaign and the trend will make the system strictly,” said sociologist Kateřina Kňapová the organization Alternativa 50+.
“Can be heard more and more voices that are trying to restrict the entry into a future social housing system and set criteria as strictly as possible. A successful system should be but just judged by how many people keep, not eliminated, “said Chairman of the Platform for social housing Štěpán Ripka.
“The coalition parties before the elections law on social housing promised. When I hear from the mouth of the coalition partners, the wait for the bill and then rozstřílejí, so what is the coalition agreement, “said Chairman of the Platform for social housing Štěpán Ripka.
At a press conference Social housing will help everyone, not just socially excluded spoke:
- Kateřina Kńapová, Alternativa 50+
- Táňa Fisherová, Český helsinský výbor
- Jitka Poláková, proFem, o.p.s.
- Štěpán Ripka, Platforma pro sociální bydlení
- Michal Ďorď, Vteřina poté
The Czech Helsinki Committee published its opinion concerning breach of the freedom of religion/worship in case of Vladimir Sáňka, who is under indictment for publishing the czech translation of the book „Základy tauhídu“ by Abu Ameenaha Bilala Philipse.
- Invitation to the conference Family in professional life (women)
- We offer two new training human-rights-oriented seminar on the protection of children’s rights
- PF 2016
- ">Press Release: Czech Helsinki Committee reminds International Human Rights Day photo exhibition “Acts of solidarity with the victims of human rights violations”
- UN decides on a resolution on the need to strengthen the protection of human rights defenders around the world
- Press release: European Commission against Racism and Intolerance (ECRI) reports on the Czech Republic
- Czech Helsinki Comittee joined the open letter of several NGOs to the prime minister Sobotka concerning the social housing
- Press Release: Opinion of the Czech Helsinki Committee, the refugee situation
- Czech Helsinki Committee is engaged in awareness campaigns to promote the rights of children, entitled "It was not my crime"">Czech Helsinki Committee is engaged in awareness campaigns to promote the rights of children, entitled “It was not my crime”
- Don’t pandering to dictators – Czech Helsinki Committee says, along with other NGOs, politicians
- Operation of CHC Counselling Centre during the summer months in 2015
- Czech Helsinki Committee published its Annual report for the year 2014
- In June there was the fourth-assisted visit children’s homes for mothers serving a sentence in a prison in Svetla nad Sazavou
- Discussions on Czech Television on the show "Have you say" on the topic: We have a fear of violent psychotics among us?">Discussions on Czech Television on the show “Have you say” on the topic: We have a fear of violent psychotics among us?
- ">Czech Helsinki Committee joined the campaign “Age does not say”
- ">Táňa Fischerová spoke at the seminar “Human rights and hate violence in the Czech Republic – Civil Society and Politics”
- CHC will strengthen the team from June foreign interns joining the program ERASMUS
- CHC has a new Bureau
- Czech Helsinki Committee has enabled 18 children in foster care, contact with his mother in prison
- Director of the Czech Helsinki Committee Lucie Rybová attended the roundtable League of Human Rights on the issue of setting up the protection of the rights of children in institutional care in the Czech Republic
- Representatives of the Czech Helsinki Committee (CHC) visited in April Valdice
- The radio debate for the topic: Should foreigners the right to vote with us?
- On 13. 4. 2015 made ČHV assisted second visit for children who have parents in prison
- Acting social protection authorities childcare and courts always in their best interest?
- Czech Helsinki Committee sent a letter thanking the Turkish organization IHH, which helped to free the kidnapped Czechs
- Press Release: Representative of the Czech Helsinki Committee protesting against the court ordered the removal of two minor children from his father and against their placement in the diagnostic institute
- Invited to the Czech Helsinki Committee in cooperation with the Czech Women’s Lobby International Women’s Day
- CHC seeks to provide financial access to treatment for all patients with cannabis
- On 24. 2. 2015 implements CHC first visit assisted children from orphanages and foster families in prison in Svetla nad Sázavou in 2015
- US Ambassador Andrew H. Schapiro visited the Czech Helsinki Committee and appreciated his work in defending human rights and freedoms in the Czech Republic
- Is chirurgical castration a legitimate tool in the treatment of dangerous sexual deviants?
- Opinion of the Council of Europe – the functioning of the foster care system in the context of removing Czech and other children
- Human dignity of prisoners is not part of the sentence: Czech Helsinki Committee wants to push for prisoners in custody and imprisonment, inter alia, lack of quality dishes and daily showering
- Táňa Fischerová CT: Czech Helsinki Committee turns to the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child, to assess whether Norway during the removal of children and the implementation of foster care does not violate the Convention on the Rights of the Child
- Press Release: Czech Helsinki Committee Opinion on the case remove children Michalákových
- Patron of the family with quintuplets
- We are looking for financial support for the project Children of in prisoned parents">We are looking for financial support for the project Children of in prisoned parents
- Compensation and forced sterilisation were discussed by Lucie Rybová in Radio
- CHC urge official authorities to abolish racist website www.White-Media.info
- Current activities and history of the Czech Helsinki Committee were presented in Radio Prague