CHC chairwoman Táňa Fischerová sent a letter last week, Foreign Minister L. Zaorálek and Interior Minister M. Chovanec on the situation of Chinese Christians who are applying for asylum in the Czech Republic.
The reaction of the two ministers will again inform you on our website and facebook.
The open letter is available for download in PDF format here.
Czech Helsinki Committee, a non-governmental organization Human Rights (CHC) believes
that the prolonged detention in general must be a substantial reason. Martin Ignačák was already in April 2016 the Prague Municipal Court released from custody because he vouched for him Sister Paul.
Following a complaint by the prosecutor Prague High Court quashed the decision, leaving M. Ignačák in custody. Martin Ignačák promised to run away and escape may be the sole reason for the extension of custody because of influencing witnesses or continuation of criminal activity out of the question. We believe that extending detention Martin Ignačák is wrong and that he should be tried in freedom as much as his colleagues. The more so that the main accused is at large.
Bureau for CHC
Chair of the CHC
The press release is available for download in PDF format here.
Text of the Annual Report can be found under About us / Annual Report or here.
- On June 21, 2016 was successfully held the second visit of children assisted in prison Velke Prilepy
- On June 9, 2016 was held this year’s third visit to the assisted group for mothers of children in prison in Svetla nad Sazavou
- How do they perceive our foreign trainees and law students assisted visits to children as a parent in prison?
- CHC representatives endorsed the opinion of AEDH to the situation in Europe
- CHC representatives attended a joint meeting of representatives of NGOs in Svetla nad Sazavou
- Report on the state of human rights in the Czech Republic in 2014-2015
- On 10. 5. 2016 CHC organized a second-assisted visits of children to meet their mother in the prison Světlá nad Sázavou
- The Open letter of the Czech Helsinki Committee to the Government of the Republic of Poland
- The Czech Helsinki Committee published its opinion for police intervention
- ">In the days 16 to 18 May 2016 organized by the Czech Helsinki Committee, an 2. educational seminar entitled “Looking for the key to children’s rights”
- ">In the days 18 to 20 April 2016 organized by the Czech Helsinki Committee, an 1. educational seminar entitled “Looking for the key to children’s rights”
- CHC opinion on the events in Prague during the visit of Chinese President
- Observations of the Czech Helsinki Committee, the position of the city of Prague 1 for exposure to the gallows in a demonstration against migration
- On 29. 3. 2016 CHC secured first group assisted visits by children for mothers in Svetla nad Sazavou
- Studio CT24 – press conference for social housing in the Czech Republic
- The Czech Helsinki Committee published its opinion concerning breach of freedom of religion and the case of Vladimír Sáňka
- Invitation to the conference Family in professional life (women)
- We offer two new training human-rights-oriented seminar on the protection of children’s rights
- PF 2016
- ">Press Release: Czech Helsinki Committee reminds International Human Rights Day photo exhibition “Acts of solidarity with the victims of human rights violations”
- UN decides on a resolution on the need to strengthen the protection of human rights defenders around the world
- Press release: European Commission against Racism and Intolerance (ECRI) reports on the Czech Republic
- Czech Helsinki Comittee joined the open letter of several NGOs to the prime minister Sobotka concerning the social housing
- Press Release: Opinion of the Czech Helsinki Committee, the refugee situation
- Czech Helsinki Committee is engaged in awareness campaigns to promote the rights of children, entitled "It was not my crime"">Czech Helsinki Committee is engaged in awareness campaigns to promote the rights of children, entitled “It was not my crime”
- Don’t pandering to dictators – Czech Helsinki Committee says, along with other NGOs, politicians
- Operation of CHC Counselling Centre during the summer months in 2015
- Czech Helsinki Committee published its Annual report for the year 2014
- In June there was the fourth-assisted visit children’s homes for mothers serving a sentence in a prison in Svetla nad Sazavou
- Discussions on Czech Television on the show "Have you say" on the topic: We have a fear of violent psychotics among us?">Discussions on Czech Television on the show “Have you say” on the topic: We have a fear of violent psychotics among us?
- ">Czech Helsinki Committee joined the campaign “Age does not say”
- ">Táňa Fischerová spoke at the seminar “Human rights and hate violence in the Czech Republic – Civil Society and Politics”
- CHC will strengthen the team from June foreign interns joining the program ERASMUS
- CHC has a new Bureau
- Czech Helsinki Committee has enabled 18 children in foster care, contact with his mother in prison
- Director of the Czech Helsinki Committee Lucie Rybová attended the roundtable League of Human Rights on the issue of setting up the protection of the rights of children in institutional care in the Czech Republic
- Representatives of the Czech Helsinki Committee (CHC) visited in April Valdice
- The radio debate for the topic: Should foreigners the right to vote with us?
- On 13. 4. 2015 made ČHV assisted second visit for children who have parents in prison
- Acting social protection authorities childcare and courts always in their best interest?